Formerly known as S1, S2, S3
This training package contains the Supervisors (RII) Course three units of competency (RIIRIS301 Apply risk management processes; RIIWHS301 Conduct safety and health investigations; RIICOM301 Communicate information in one comprehensive Supervisors Training Course.
These units equip participants with the following skills:
RIIRIS301E Apply Risk Management Processes
This unit covers the application of risk management processes in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes: identifying hazards; assessing and identifying unacceptable risk; identifying and recommending treatments; contributing to the implementation of treatments; and reviewing safety system documentation.
RIIWHS301E Conduct Safety and Health Investigations
This unit covers conducting safety and health investigations in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes: determining the investigation objectives; gathering information; evaluating information; identifying courses of action; and preparing and presenting investigation reports.
RIICOM301E Communicate Information
This unit covers the communication of information in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes: communicating information orally and in writing; achieving meeting outcomes; making presentations, and participating in negotiations.
This unit is appropriate for those working in a operational roles, at worksites within:
- Civil construction
- Coal mining
- Extractive industries
- Metalliferous mining
The RIIRIS301 Apply risk management processes unit of competency can be found at:
The RIIWHS301 Conduct safety and health investigations unit of competency can be found at:
The RIICOM301 Communicate information unit of competency can be found at:
Your Training Pack includes digital copies of the following:
- Resource Familiarisation Document (.docx)
- Statutory and Regulatory Requirements Document (.docx)
- Training and Assessment Record (.docx)
- PowerPoint Presentation with instructor prompts (.ppt)
- Reference Material Training Booklet (.docx)
A note about our assessment tools:
- Mapping of the training and assessment content is contained in the SARR document.
- Our assessment tool (TAR) is designed for people with limited reading and writing skills. The methodology is, if the candidate can perform the task (e.g. conducting a tool box talk) then they understand the theory behind it (i.e. where to find the relevant procedures). While the candidate is performing the task, the assessor should ask the suggested questions in the TAR, record the candidate’s response, and keep a copy of all competed documents. This process has been audited and validated by ASQA through our own RTO audits.
Download Your Files
Once you have made your purchase we will create a link for you to download the material. This can take up to 2 working days. Printed hard copies are available for an additional $150.
For international orders, please call us.